RMX Remote for Android
RMX Remote for Android enables you to control your desktop media player (such as Nullsoft Winamp) from around the house using your Android Smart Phone. Simply scan this QR Code into your phone’s Barcode scanner to be taken directly to the Android Market for a free download!
RMX Remote Server for Nullsoft Winamp
1) Download gen_RMX_Remote.zip
2) Extract the ZIP file to your “Winamp\Plugins” folder
3) Launch Winamp
4) Windows Firewall may block network access to Winamp. Select “Allow access” to ensure that your Android Smart Phone with RMX Remote can still connect to your desktop computer.
RMX Remote Server for foobar2000
1) Download foo_RMX_Remote.zip
2) Extract the ZIP file to your “foobar2000\components” folder
3) Launch foobar2000
4) Windows Firewall may block network access to foobar2000. Select “Allow access” to ensure that your Android Smart Phone with RMX Remote can still connect to your desktop computer.
RMX Automation v1.4
Older versions of RMX Automation are available via SourceForge. The source code for v1.4 is licenses under the BSD License, so that way anyone may pick it up and use it for either open-source or commercial purposes. This trend will NOT continue with the v2.0 codebase.
RMX Automation v1.5
Version 1.5 of RMX is being made available exclusively on this page as a BETA TESTING version of RMX Automation. This build includes KNOWN BUGS and INCOMPATIBILITIES with previously working plugins and 3rd-party software. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
* Supports Foobar2000 v1.0
* RMX Automation v1.5 Media Edition (2010-01-29)
* RMX Automation v1.5 Stand-Alone (not available)
RMX Automation v2.0
Development has now officially started on a brand new RMX Automation system. Details shall be released once more of the system has been developed. All I can say for now is that v2.0 will become what we had always wanted RMX to be from day one. Universal integration with hardware and software is being made extremely simplier, with even more crazy concepts and ideas never once thought of before. Once of our top main focuses right now is the integration with newer Smart Phones, and all of the advantages they offer. The term “Automation” is finally truely being put into place, as more and more of RMX’s funtionality will be handled without any sort of user interaction. Keep checking back for more updates!
- Vince (lead software engineer)